Friday, March 15, 2013

The universe

The universe......................


     










When I was small , I used to look at the sky every night.

I used to wonder why this sky is so small?
I used to wonder at those shining dots(stars) as 'too small'.
I always wanted to have at least one shining dot in my room as a lamp.I used to think that sun shouldn't rise in morning as he is too bright. In the summer he becomes much bright. So to reduce the hotness of summer, I thought to bring shining dots in the morning as they make the day 'cool'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was when I was in 5th or 6th, I came to know that those dots are much bigger than our sun. I come to know that our planet is in a galaxy called milky way.This milky way consists of millions of stars in which some are bigger than our sun and some are smaller than our sun. I came to know that , the surface temperature of those 'shining &cool dots' are much more than my imagination. I used to think,that their temperature could be around 20-30 degree. But ,actually, it is around 10,000 degree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
         When I was introduced to our universe,my ideas turned to be a 'hilarious joke'. I laughed at my own innocence. 
Our planet is in one of the arm of a galaxy called milky way,our galaxy consists of millions of stars and our universe consists of billions of galaxies like milky way.Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This truth killed my innocent ideas.
       Today, I know a little more about this universe. I know that there are many interesting things in this universe from quasars to super novas.
After 7 years , today,I look at sky every night and I wonder how big it is????? how big those stars are??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: